Wednesday, July 23, 2008

It's a wee bit soggy around here

Dolly needs to behave herself. She has been upgraded to a Catagory 2 hurricane. We are expecting much higher winds as the day goes on. So far, we have received 2.5 inches of much-needed rain. I was surprised that they even picked up our trash this morning. I figured everyone would be hunkered down. Our county workers drove through this morning to see if we were experiencing any flooding - so far, so good! There was an indication of a tornado a little north of us. We don't need any more of that kind of nonsense!

5 comments:

Sherry said...

It's been raining constantly here in Toronto -- hopefully you will be spared anything nasty from Dolly!

Unknown said...

How could they name this annoying weather Dolly!;) Girl it has been pouring here in Toronto as well and there are some areas with flooding. Be careful when driving! I white knuckled it today on the highway cause I couldn't see in front of me from all the rain and thunder!

Huggies!
Sandy

Mrs.Kwitty said...

Oh man, that looks a little scary! Prayers for you and your family and friends and neighbors. Take care.
Smiles, Karen

Anonymous said...

ooo! My goodness! I did not know TX had beaches daaa! Thank you for coming by I am glad you are ok and I noticed keys,I've been searching for in your shop....
Denise Nantasket Beach Mass.

Just Between Us Girls said...

OOooh do take care of yourself. Hope all is well in your world and the weather has made a turn for the better.
Pat