Sunday, November 2, 2008

We are Sealed



He anointed us, set his seal of ownership on us, and put his Spirit in our hearts as a deposit, guaranteeing what is to come . . . this plaque is how I interpreted this scripture. I named it We are Sealed. Even the key has significance to this piece. It says Corbin on it and Corbin means our gift to God. I created the background paper by collaging pieces of a hymnal and then manipulating it a bit in Photoshop. The heart has a crackled finish. I bet if you thought about it long enough, you could even come up with a significance to the crackled finish on the heart . . .

6 comments:

stephanie@craftylolly.com said...

I love it, especially the aged paper and the key. What an adorable piece.

Attic Clutter said...

Teresa Hi there (:)
oh that is a beautiful plaque~!! thanks for sharing it with us all..
hugs, Patty

Attic Clutter said...

Hi Again Teresa(:)
I just took an ETSY peek and found the darling birdnest shadow box.. I had to have it..
SO cute ..all of your items are wonderful.. so artsy ~!!
Hugs Patty

Unknown said...

Oooh! I like your blog!! Thanks for stopping by mine. I forgot to mention that you can buy the one step crackle at Michaels. It is mixed in with the craft paints. Thanks again!!

Sandra Evertson said...

Love this!
Sandra Evertson

Mrs.Kwitty said...

It's lovely and so thoughtful in it's symbolism. Very cool!

Thanks so much for the kind words and the prayers--they are appreciated more than you know!

Hugs, Karen