Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Airstream for birds

On my trip to Warrenton in the Fall, I picked up a few old 5-gallon gasoline cans and some rusty ceiling tins. Put together, they make some interesting birdhouses. They make me think of the Airstream travel trailers. To make one of these, take the handle off of the gas can so you can put it on the top of the ceiling tin. I painted the ceiling tin brown, then dry-brushed some turquoise over the top. Screw the roof to the side of the can and it is ready to put a "For Rent" sign out.

7 comments:

Carol Mae said...

Oh my Gosh!!! that is so cute, what a cool idea, I love it. Now you got me thinking, I love birds and that would be so excellent for the birds. thanks for sharing that great bird house. Smiles, Carol Mae

Diana Ferguson said...

Glad you found Texas-Blogging Gals. Will get you on the next updated list.

Enjoyed a first visit. Following....

Come see me at my personal blog, too, real soon.

Becky@Beyond The Picket Fence said...

That is so cute--I love it! hanks for linking up!

Ashley Houck said...

this is such a great idea! Thanks for the comment you left on my blog. I came to your blog and stayed for awhile. Count me as a newest follower! hope you could stop by and see if you’d like to do the same! :-)
Ashley

{The Appraiser’s Wife} www.rahouck.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

I would love to rent it out..LOL! Great idea! I hope you are doing well :)

Sandy xox

Margo said...

Hello, I love this project and would love to feature it as a project of the week on my web site robojunker.com Please let me know if it's ok
email me at
robolady@hotmail.com
Write up a short sentence or two about how you did it. I'll be sure to link back to your blog.

Thanking you in advance.
Margo

Blondie ~ Vintage Primitives said...

Very clever and good use of re purposing, Teresa. Many blessings!
Blondie