Friday, February 11, 2011

Taking a header

All of the little goodies that I ordered lately are starting to arrive so I get to PLAY! I just finished this steampunk necklace and wrote a little story to go with it. It's fun to develop a story that fits the pieces. Here is the story that I wrote to go with this one:


One evening at the pub, his friends challenged him to a race across France. What could he say? He couldn't let his friends know that he didn't even own a bicycle. He had to borrow his Dad's old bicycle. The bicycle kind of scared him. It was one of those darn penny-farthing bicycles. He had taken so many headers on that stupid contraption. The worst spill was right in front of a group of young women that he had been trying to impress. He was utterly humiliated. Now, he had the possibility of going over the handlebars in front of everyone . . .

2 comments:

Yvonne said...

I think I like steampunk! Who would've thought! LOL Your story makes the necklace that much more special. Great job T!

Rachel said...

This is such a lovely piece!