Monday, July 5, 2010

Devil's Den

About every other year, Howard and I take a scenic trip to Arkansas. I'm glad that he does most, if not all of the driving. It allows me to sit back, relax, and enjoy the view.

We hadn't been to Devil's Den before, so we put it at the top of our list for this trip.
This park is riddled with caves, creeks, trees, and LOTS of elevation changes. Burn, baby, burn. LOL



This was my favorite spot on the trail. It's called the Devil's Icebox. It feels just like standing in front of the refrigerator and it is most welcome when you are hiking through the park in July. It was cool enough that it even made a foggy mist in the air.

There were spots of water here and there, too. I was really tempted to shed my shoes and jump in. The reason you don't see Howard in any of these pictures is because I took the pictures of him in the portrait orientation and I haven't figured out how to flip them yet. Maybe next time.




No comments: