Sunday, May 15, 2011

Concorde Hotel

I was greeted by my husband with a rose at the airport after my 9 1/2 hour flight to Frankfurt. Isn't that sweet?
We had a nice view from our terrace of other buildings. The terrace was available to everyone in the hotel, but few knew about it.
It was nice having the terrace just outside of our room. We liked to sit out there in the evenings and relax. I also liked sitting out there during the afternoons drinking tea and reading a book. Sometimes, I would almost pinch myself because it just didn't seem real. I thought I must be dreaming.
Our room as simple, but nice. I didn't watch much television while I was there. I tried watching The Big Bang Theory, but since it was in German, the jokes tended to be lost on me. I could only watch so much of BBC news.
The bahnhof (train station) was a mere 1/2 block away, making it soooo convenient.
I still haven't figured out how I ended up with the smallest closet . . .


2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's so romantic of your Husband to do that!!!

Rachel said...

Sounds so lovely! That yellow house is particularly cute :) Rx